As a doctor that works in a surgical center or a hospital, you constantly need to be prepared for long shifts and tiring nights. There are situations in which a doctor is forced to be on their feet for more than 15 hours a day, sometimes even more, which is difficult to cope with, physically and emotionally. When you wear uncomfortable shoes, the situation gets even worse.
If you are now searching for some comfortable Shoes for Doctors, please have a look at the list of tips and tricks below. There are a few details that will guide your search toward a comfortable pair of shoes that will allow you to easier cope with unexpectedly long shifts. As long as you pay attention to these details, we can guarantee that you will end up investing in a pair of shoes that will make your feet feel comfortable, no matter what. So, here it is:
- If you want to feel comfortable and have your feet supported throughout a long shift, then search for shoes that have a stiff back. How can you check whether or not a pair of shoes has a stiff back? It is quite simple: grasp the heel in one hand and then grasp the shoe above the heel in the other hand. If the shoe is moving side to side around the heel then you haven’t found the right pair yet.
- Make sure that you look for shoes that have a small amount of torque. If you can slightly twist the shoe when you hold it at both ends then you have surely found a pair of shoes that have that small amount of torque that you were searching for.
- Try the pair of shoes that attracted your attention and make sure that they bend where your toes bend.
- Arch support. A pair of shoes that have no arch support is a pair of shoes that you should avoid. There are a few models on the market that allow you to add extra arch support without squeezing the toes but it is best to opt for a model that comes with arch support in their original design.
- Opt for a pair of shoes that are long enough, as well as wide enough. If what you are trying on forces the toes to curl or pushes them in, try another size or simply avoid the model.
- If you feel comfortable as soon as you try the shoes on, then you are definitely on the right track.
If you feel a bit confused and overwhelmed by the wide selection of models available on the market and feel that you could use a helping hand, there are specialized websites which provide detailed reviews for some of the most popular shoes for doctors. You will invest in a top-quality, very comfortable pair of shoes that will prove to be suitable for your lifestyle and working hours as long as you follow the recommendations in these detailed reviews. This is why you should check them out before you invest any money.